Monday, March 26, 2007

Phoenix Group - Monday

The following is from Amanda Kafer's journal for Monday, March 19th. Amanda is a Waldorf student from Forest City, IA.

Monday 3-19-07
Today was a lot of fun. Waking up at 5:50 was a stretch for me. We ate and got going pretty quick. Today I got to go to a food bank and work with my fellow Waldorf students, as well as some of the Sheriff’s inmates of Phoenix. They were really cool. We boxed food and prepared it to be boxed by the next groups that would come in. We got a lot of work done, and it was cool to see the work it takes to feed people who need the help in that area. We spent most of our day there then got to shower at the YMCA (finally after two days without one) then finished out the day with the rest of our Waldorf group. It was a great day for me. (my hands and arms hurt from the work though). :)

Amanda

No comments: